This role falls under Aon’s early career development program, known as Launch. Building on the development colleagues receive in the role they are hired into, the Launch program is a supplemental development program for recent college recruits.
Your impact as an Account SpecialistJob Responsibilities:
- Maintain effective and productive relationships with clients.
- Gather and analyze data on exposures, loss history and standard and unique coverage needs for submissions with the Brokerage Unit. Perform submission assembly/creation where assigned.
- Manage client open items lists and respond to client ad-hoc requests.
- Gather and analyze data and drafts assigned elements of client service plans, stewardship reports and other convincing presentations tailored to the needs of the audience and the circumstances of the presentation.
- Actively support and monitor the renewal process. At the direction of the Broker, drafts quote comparisons and follow up for binders, policies and endorsements.
- Where applicable, serve as the primary interface with Aon Client Services (ACS), coordinating activities of the client service team and ACS to ensure that key processes assigned are performed effectively.
- Receive and manage routine and complex coverage inquiries and endorsement requests. Serve as a key client liaison for items such as certificates, auto IDs, location additions, invoices, WC posting notices, allocations, premium finance agreements, summaries of insurance, and policy transmittals.
- Understand and work in alignment with the Aon Leadership Model and its pillars of Client Value, Unmatched Teams, Innovation, Results and Values.
- Ensure operational excellence, including adherence to service management requirements (e.g., Transparency & Disclosure, Aon Compliance requirements, Client Promise Methodology). Monitor and follow-up on invoice generation, fee agreements, AVX input, GRIP and GAMS data, receivables and collections. Address and resolve problems.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
You Bring Knowledge and ExpertiseSuggested Experience:
- Relevant work or internship experience.
- Mature and professional demeanor.
- Involvement in extracurricular activities.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to cultivate relationships.
- Critical thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- The ability to work as an integral part of a team, fostering teamwork and cultivating relationships, as well as work independently or with minimal direction.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook is required.
EducationBachelor’s Degree with major in Business, Finance, Economics, Risk Management, Insurance or a related degree.
Applicants for this role, which is part of the Launch program, must graduate between December 2016 – June 2017 and have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled)