Health and Benefits Specialist
This role falls under Aon’s early career development program, known as Launch. Building on the development colleagues receive in the role they are hired into, the Launch program is a supplemental development program for recent college recruits. This role falls under Aon’s early career development program, known as Launch. Building on the development colleagues receive in the role they are hired into, the Launch program is a supplemental development program for recent college recruits.
Your impact as an Health and Benefits Specialist
Employer-sponsored health and welfare benefit programs form the foundation of the U.S. health care system. These programs have evolved over time as employers have attempted to manage the changing needs of employees, rising program costs, and the impact of new legislation while supporting their human resource and business strategies.
Aon Health and Benefits actuaries and consultants work directly with our clients to develop short and longer-term health and welfare benefit strategies. This process involves strategic assessments of the health care market and key trends and the identification of new and innovative solutions to employer. The technical and analytical skills health & benefits consultants bring to this process are critical to our health & benefits consulting.
Health and Benefits Specialists are often involved with the following projects which support our clients' annual and ongoing health management needs:
- Contributes to client reports/deliverables such as Request for Proposals (RFP,) preparing data for RFP release and entering RFP data into client management systems. Work with tools on RFP and related issues
- Collects, analyzes, and prepares information to facilitate requirements of client requests and/or support the activities of assigned consultant.
- Evaluation of plan design and costs relative to various measures and benchmarks reported to clients.
- Gathers data and enter into summary spreadsheets. May analyze the information or data and run reports and/or charts
- Set up data analysis tools
- Becomes involved in vendor management, including carrier follow-up, etc.
- Learns about health care market trends and major competitors; understands market based rationale for business decisions
- Understands the relationship between time recording to profitability/recoverability
- Begins to develop/acquire understanding of sales process
You Bring Knowledge and ExpertiseSuggested Experience:
- Excellent communication, problem solving, quantitative and project related experience
- Detail oriented/organizational skills
- Excellent financial acumen required, including strong mathematically-oriented projects
- Demonstrates critical thinking and Analytical skills (quantitative and qualitative)
- Basic concepts of project management
- Software skills (especially Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access)
- Experience using online tools and resources
- Like working in a team environment
- Strong PC skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Education: Bachelor’s DegreeApplicants for this role, which is part of the Launch program, must graduate between December 2016 – June 2017 and have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled)