Insurance and Risk Management are the cornerstones of every company’s capital structure. We help our clients identify their risks and ensure they have the best possible cover to mitigate them. As one of our Insurance Apprentices, you’ll get to play an increasingly influential role.
Your impact as an Insurance ApprenticeJob Responsibilities:
- Support the delivery of client-facing transactional service activities
- Contribute proactively to client satisfaction, retention and profitability
- Carry out administrative tasks contributing to serving client and business operation needs
- Input data accurately to maintain management information
- Partner with other Aon colleagues and assisting them where needed
- Follow set procedures to ensure adherence to the company’s risk and compliance policies
- Identify and implementation of improvements in work environment
- Prioritize, organize and plan work to meet objectives
- Use various computer based systems to conduct work internally and externally on a daily basis
You bring knowledge and expertiseSuggested Experience
This role is ideal for candidates looking for their first role in a corporate setting. Candidates with experience may not benefit from the development opportunities being presented. We are looking for candidates who:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- True understanding of the value of customer service
- Clear aptitude for teamwork, planning and organizing
- Desire to build on your basic understanding of insurance and progress your career quickly
- Intermediate computer skills, experience using MS Office Software
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Effective working in a team environment
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Enrolled and fully accepted as a student at Harold Washington College (Chicago hires) or Harper College (Lincolnshire hires) by program start in January 2019
This role falls under Aon’s Apprenticeship Program. Aon’s two-year Apprenticeship program that balances on-the-job learning at Aon and classroom learning at a two-year accredited college in order to successfully achieve the Department of Labors Certified Insurance Apprentice status and an Associate’s Degree at completion of the program. Everything we do at Aon is built around delivering client value. As an Apprentice, that’s precisely what you’ll deliver. Your role will focus on client service administration, supporting the broking and client management activities of more senior team members.
Prepare to make an immediate impact as you demonstrate your passion for customer service. You’ll quickly learn about our business and the broking process, develop your professional skills and build strong relationships with clients and colleagues. In return, on top of your salary and benefits, Aon will support you with time and tuition to continue your education through Harold Washington College (Chicago hires) or Harper College (Lincolnshire hires).
Apprentices are expected to maintain passing grades and meet all Aon performance standards at “meets expectation” levels throughout the duration of the program. Program begins at Aon with a start date of January 9, 2017.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled)