We support our business in gaining expertise in the business units they support as well as an understanding of IT systems and capabilities. As a member of the Site Services Team, the Apprentice-Technology role is responsible for maintenance and support of the standard hardware/software technology in use at the firm. Effective support of our technology is critical to ensuring productivity of associates as they work to serve our external clients; as one of our Technology Apprentices, you’ll get to play an increasingly influential role.
Your impact as a Technology ApprenticeJob Responsibilities:
- Responsible for new hire laptop setups
- Performs basic PC and peripheral repairs
- Assists with incident ticketing processes: responds to assigned tickets (routine and urgent) within the timeframe specified by the current IS service level agreement and works issues through to resolution
- Maintains appropriate documentation within the Incident system as determined through periodic ticket quality reviews
- Responsible for basic printer and network connectivity troubleshooting
- Performs basic software installation processes
- Responsible for training room setup and support for audio/videoconferencing needs
- Assists with project management coordination as needed
- Responsible for learning and utilizing new services and products or changes to existing services
You bring knowledge and expertiseSuggested Experience
This role is ideal for candidates looking for their first role in a corporate setting. Candidates with experience may not benefit from the development opportunities being presented. We are looking for candidates who:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- True understanding of the value of customer service
- Clear aptitude for teamwork, planning and organizing
- Intermediate computer skills, experience using MS Office Software
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Effective working in a team environment
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Enrolled and fully accepted as a student at Harold Washington College by program start in January 2019
This role falls under Aon’s Apprenticeship Program. Aon’s two-year Apprenticeship program that balances on-the-job learning at Aon and classroom learning at a two-year accredited college in order to successfully achieve the Department of Labors Certified Insurance Apprentice status and an Associate’s Degree at completion of the program. Everything we do at Aon is built around delivering client value. As an Apprentice, that’s precisely what you’ll deliver.
Prepare to make an immediate impact as you demonstrate your passion for customer service. You’ll quickly learn about our business and the broking process, develop your professional skills and build strong relationships with clients and colleagues. In return, on top of your salary and benefits, Aon will support you with time and tuition to continue your education through Harold Washington College.
Apprentices are expected to maintain passing grades and meet all Aon performance standards at “meets expectation” levels throughout the duration of the program. Program begins at Aon with a start date of January 9, 2017.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled)